Monday, March 31, 2014

Determining Research Topic

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all in the pink of health. 

This post is mainly about choosing the right research topic for the future thesis. 

To select the research topic it self, one must really make sure the types of research that they are going to conduct. There are many types of research, it could be Qualitative, Quantitative, Scientific Method, as well as Experimental Method and etc. 

By doing so, an individual is to set clearer goals or shall I say, timeline to complete their research in a certain period of time frame. 

Apart from that, to conduct a research, we therefore need to prepare our research proposal. And here, it's more towards expressing what to be done in your research. 

To come out with a proper research proposal, we need to be clear about the research topic that we are going to choose. In a way, it has to be related to the field that we're in, as well as to know what would be the outcomes, the shortages, the advantages of carrying this research. 

Not only that, we also need to be clear on what are the objectives of the research, because by having the objectives, these will lead to the research questions of our topic that somehow be relevant to the need of conducting research. 

So, coming back to the research topic, I am somehow interested to carry out a research on the use of learning journal to enhance students' writing skills. Having said that I did carry out a research on The Implementation of Group Work in ESL Classroom as my research topic during my degree programme, I finally choose something different this time around. 

I find that with the technology nowadays, learners might express more through online - such as tumblr, blogger, or even sharing status in Facebook. I, however, more interested to see whether or not by sharing their thoughts or  learning experience on a daily basis in their individual blog, perhaps we can see the change of style of wrriting, and perhaps the choice of vocabularies used, that is hoped to vary and increase. 

Therefore, as for my Task 1 submission, I hereby share with you what do I plan to do for my Research Proposal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment