Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Alert! Changes of Research Topic

Hi Everybody!

If you still remember my earlier post, I have posted on my research topic - or basically on the the post "Determining Research Topic".

I have sent the first task to Dr Teoh and I got a feedback from her. I went for a consultation with her - to get her opinion on my topic as well as to discuss on what she commented on my research topic.

At first, I didn't notice that the topic would be quite vague, therefore it is needed to be narrow down and to remember that this is a Qualitative Research.

Throughout the discussion, I learned that I need to be more specific on the research that is going to be carried out. As such, I need to be aware that I need to have two groups to experiment on the implementation of journal writing..

Therefore, I came out with a more specific topic, which is The Use of Journal Writing in Developing Writing Skills Among ESL Learners at Tertiary Level in Malaysia.

For the research objectives, not much changes have been made. I basically want to see the relationship on whether or not it helps learners to be motivated to write more, and perhaps there would be an addition of new words among learners who participate in journal writing. who knows? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment